Tropical Tequila Key Lime Chicken
- 1 Fresh Chicken, 2 1/2 - 3 lbs., rinsed and patted dry, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/4 cup Tequila (Patron or Cabo Wabo preferred)
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 Onion, medium size, diced
- 1/4 tsp. Fresh Thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 2 tsp. Fresh Cilantro leaves, minced
- 3 Fresh Florida Key Limes
Preheat grill or oven to 400 degrees F and place chicken in a large mixing bowl. Add Olive Oil, Tequila, Garlic, Onion, Thyme, Cumin, Paprika, Cilantro Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper. Squeeze Key Lime juice over chicken and mix well. Allow chicken marinate for one-half hour under refrigeration.
For grilling: Place seasoned chicken on grill and cook until done.
For roasting: Place seasoned chicken in roasting pan and roast for 45 minutes to one hour. The Chicken is done when internal temperature reads 160 - 165 degrees F.
Makes 4 Servings.
Key Lime Avocado/Cilantro Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 3 tbsp Key Lime juice
- 1 clove Garlic (finely minced)
- ¼ tsp fresh Parsley (finely minced)
- 1 tsp fresh Cilantro minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a container and whisk well.
After mixing place the vinaigrette in the refrigerator for a couple of hours, remove and stir or shake well before serving.
Makes 1/3+ cup.